How to Spot Water Damage While Shopping for a House
From excess rainfall, melting snow, to the devastating floods that surround our community, water damage seems to be everywhere this time of year. If you’re gearing up for a home purchase this Spring, it will be crucial to keep an extra eye out for signs of water damage or flooding that could cause a big issue later down the line. I chatted with a home inspector to gather a list of the most common signs of water damage so you can be prepared.
Visible Moisture Damage:
- Baseboards of the finished areas in the basement
- Stains on carpet corners
- Stains on the bottom of door frames
- Stains on bathroom cabinets
Potential Clues of Structural Elements:
- Peeling or bubbling paint
- Cracked grout in flooring
- Warped or buckled wood and laminate flooring
- Water rings on ceiling or walls
- Cracked foundation line
Potential Mold Growth:
- Humid or damp feelings
- Musty odors
- Potential mold growth can happen on walls, ceilings, sub flooring, floor joists, and even behind finished dry wall surfaces
And of course, it’s always wise to get a home inspection, and additional inspections such as a mold test before you make a purchase.
Let’s chat and discuss your home search.
Megan Owens, Realtor
“Delivering extraordinary care for extraordinary clients.”
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Ambassador Real Estate
Phone | 402-689-4984 Email | MeganOwensRE@gmail.com
©Copyright. March 2019. Megan Owens.
All Rights Reserved